Video is not the main content of the page (SEO)

Maciej

Has anyone got videos re-indexed without having to change the URL?

The problem with changing the URL, is that you'll lose ranking with a redirect, if possible you should always avoid redirecting a URL, so although you can get videos indexed possibly you'll lose ranking so will lose traffic anyway... If there is a way to do this without a redirect, that would be a better solution.

Quite a few video pages fail to get indexed with the message "Video not processed".

It seems the crawler detects two URLs for the video, one typically named such as  https://www.abcabcabc.com/.....mp4 described as "structured data" and the second URL the same except "_720p.mp4" at the end described as html tag.

Is this normal, if not or causing the index failure,  is there any setting causing it that could be corrected?

Hey -  I noticed the other day on my Search Console my structure data no longer provides the .mp4 file / it provides an embedded link -  the file is stored on my local drive, so its odd, this also shows up for files I have on a cloud as well.

image.png.b9404bb69b76c5d6abdb24ce98ef1ac3.png

On 2/26/2024 at 10:02 PM, Tech Support said:

This looks to be normal, we also have this and video is indexed with this:

video_indexing.png.a2af9eadbef12f620c4825c452c6a9ae.png

Your URL pair is named sightly different to mine.

My pair finish:    ....abcxyz.MP4   &    ....abcxyz_720p.MP4

Yours finish:      ....abcxyz_360p.MP4   &    ....abcxyz_720p.MP4

Why would this be the case and what can I do to adjust to match yours, if your URL is treated more favourably by indexing?

It doesn't matter. Historically KVS demo website had 360p format as the smallest one, because it was set up 10 years ago. Now 360p format is way too small, so by default new KVS installations do not have it.

The filenames of video files doesn't affect indexing.

27 minutes ago, Tech Support said:

It doesn't matter. Historically KVS demo website had 360p format as the smallest one, because it was set up 10 years ago. Now 360p format is way too small, so by default new KVS installations do not have it.

The filenames of video files doesn't affect indexing.

Ok ty for confirming.

There does appear to be a trend now for "Video not processed"

image.png.cd9fd3aafbdbafffcaf4548a9de8a7dc.png

Google's dedciption for this doesn't give much of an insight into how to correct:

image.png.bb3b301566f749aec844132f223c58c7.png

Anyone else noticing this trend also?

On 2/28/2024 at 12:15 AM, Tech Support said:

This looks like misconfiguration in Website UI -> Theme settings. You need to make sure you have some existing video files exposed in sitemap:

video_sitemap_options.thumb.png.6c70da50c145e5fd0eed21753b35a567.png

So I do have that setup - I do see some .mp4 files in my sitemap, I think the issue might be having different formats for some videos and not other videos.  Most of my videos are 1080p only - however some are also only 720p and some are only 480p -  I don't create multiple formats.

Sometimes it doesn't make sense, like for my sports niche, most of the videos are 1080p -  but I do have some vintage footage that wouldn't work in a 1080p style without AI converting enhancements and adding 100s of MBs to the size - so I have several 100 that are 480p.

Is there a way to show the format of the files that are 480p ? 

image.thumb.png.6c0c6a4ab7970fcc06405ddd33c5bb07.png

On 3/2/2024 at 3:09 AM, Keb said:

Is there a way to show the format of the files that are 480p ? 

Please create support ticket. We need to take a look at your video format configuration and then will find a solution for sitemap. It can be flexible via template, not via settings.

On 1/29/2024 at 2:42 PM, nighking said:

i want ask guys when i did the same steps need to resubmit the sitemap or will fixed bcz my sitemap is everytime not updated automatique this is screen

image.thumb.png.fe71866cf8d01c173aa5b5f366ada83e.pngimage.thumb.png.63d2f8621c5e917d0f44187d77c08c71.png

Did you resubmit your sitemap?

4 hours ago, Eri said:

I think to fix this problem need to have the same video url at sitemap, video page head and body. ‘Don’t add any embed url’ 

This doesn't look to be true. When we removed embed URL from page, this didn't solve "video is not main content" issue. The issue was solved only after we changed /videos/ URL pattern to /video/.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...