KVS 6.2.1 update

Update status

6.2.1 update status is FINAL. We are currently uploading updates for public, this may take several days.

We didn't run beta testing for this update, and it might be possible that it will have some bugs. In case of severe bugs we will re-upload the update, so if you updated earlier you may need to re-do the same update procedure once again to get the bugs fixed.

Update requirements

• KVS 5.0.0+ (earlier versions should be updated to KVS 5.0.1 first).
  • PHP 7.1 - 7.4, PHP 8.1.

If you haven't yet updated KVS to 5.0.1, then please do, you can find KVS 5.0.1 update information here: KVS 5.0.1 update

Important notes for 6.2.1

6.2.1 update procedure (please check for known issues section)

Any project starting from 5.0.0 can be updated to 6.2.1 with one only procedure. Depending on your current KVS version, update procedure may contain additional steps for older versions.

Known issues:

• For some reason on some ZIP archives you may see Windows antivirus alert for admin panel JS file inside the archive (/admin/js/admin.js). This looks to be a false positive alert due to randomly encrypted JS file. KVS update ZIP archive cannot make harm for your PC, because you are not intended to "run" anything on your local PC, and it even doesn't contain any executable files at all.

You must use KVS update plugin in order to update your project. For update you will need:

• KVS update ZIP archive for your project and its hash code for update plugin (contact support in beta phase to get these).
  • FTP connection to your project so that you can upload files.

Update procedure has the following steps:

• Create backup using Project backup plugin. You may skip manual backup if you have automated daily backups enabled and you see the backup archive from today or yesterday in the list of available backups.
  • Upload update ZIP into KVS update plugin and specify hash code.
  • KVS update plugin will notify you if there are any custom changes in KVS system files, which will be overridden by update (player skins are not checked here, so they will be silently updated if have custom changes).
  • KVS update plugin will update database automatically.
  • KVS update plugin will ask you to copy files from the archive on top of your project using FTP or filesystem copy. Please make sure you are NOT USING sync functionality in your FTP client, which will delete many files on your server, because obviously update archive contains only part of all files. What you need is just to drag and drop files from update archive on top of your project root folder and confirm their re-writing (excluding _INSTALL folder, it doesn't need to be copied).
  • KVS update plugin will verify the updated files and finalize update procedure.
  • Use System audit plugin to verify that everything looks good.

Whats new in KVS 6.2.1

Bugfixing for PHP8 support, support for Cloudflare Turnstile captcha, better support for S3 server connection, ability to cut videos via import / grabbers and some more enhancements and bugfixes.

1) In video import and in grabbers plugin it is now possible to manually specify offset from beginning and end of the downloaded video files when importing them with processing. This is normally needed to cut intro of the source site.

grabbers_duration_trim.thumb.png.ccf55ff2ca6d8a4fcb51859ac1c9d1c7.png

2) S3 storage connection was enhanced with ability to configure timeout and use path-like access points.

s3_connection_enhancements.thumb.png.4680d4dd04cb3f95598d4ecc46de44ad.png

3) Advertising will be able to filter out display for known SEO bots if needed.

seo_bots_advertising.thumb.png.cc814529c4757fd1a543430690901a7f.png

4) Content stats plugin now will count stats for video preview files, posters and categorization files.

5) S3 backup option was added into Project backup plugin.

s3_backup.png.b0e8faf7d765c7649b8ebdcd3731465e.png

6) Google reCAPTCHA plugin was renamed to "Captcha" and now also supports Cloudflare Turnstile captcha. Please note that activating Turnstile will require theme changes.

7) In importing feeds it is now possible to stop running feed at any time.

abort_feed.png.c1e300c7bad37bf1d4fa305348fb2082.png

8) Added video and album stats grouping by user.

9) Added support for displaying satellite stats in admin panel start page. In order to have this, satellites should be also updated.

satellite_stats.png.c2ad831609b6630073a8dcc429ab871f.png

10) An option was added into storage server to skip SSL certificate validation, which may be useful in certain cases to avoid false-positive error reporting. Also false-positive errors should not appear anymore if site is protected with Basic authentication.

11) It will now be possible to edit search queries that were submitted to your site.

12) list_videos block can now filter videos of the specific format group, and sort videos by quality factor.

13) Nextgen list_xxx blocks now support ability to dynamically exclude data from specific categorization by passing excluded categorization in URL parameters (for example exclude models with the given categories).

14) Bugs that have been fixed:

- [SEVERE] Dozens of bugs related to PHP 8 support.
- [MEDIUM] An extremely old bug was fixed, which could result in missing object data in HTML titles in some rare cases.
- [MEDIUM] Backup plugin settings could be reset without user consent.
- [LOW] Lots of small bugfixes in different areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6) Google reCAPTCHA plugin was renamed to "Captcha" and now also supports Cloudflare Turnstile captcha. Please note that activating Turnstile will require theme changes, we will highlight the needed changes in a forum post.

Great news, glad to see this feature implemented! Where can we find the modifications needed for theme support for Turnstile?

Hello. After the update, I noticed two cases with text translations. When registering models, I enter the country in Russian, but it is displayed in English, everywhere throughout the site, for all models, although, it seems, only in this place. Everything else is fine. Well, when designing a film, when choosing a format, there is also Russian text mixed with English, but this is not so important. I would like the model country to be displayed in the same language as the site

2024-04-11_185401.jpg

2024-04-11_185820.jpg

12 hours ago, SMaxim said:

Hello. After the update, I noticed two cases with text translations.

Please create support ticket. This looks to be the side effect of migrating models to nextgen API, it will pull country from database now. I think this can be fixed via template.

On 4/8/2024 at 5:09 PM, Tech Support said:

12) list_videos block can now filter videos of the specific format group

It seems the admin panel needs a tab "video format groups" to see format group ID's...

30 minutes ago, Alex said:

It seems the admin panel needs a tab "video format groups" to see format group ID's...

Agree, but you can always see the ID from the video format group editor URL. Rarely needed.

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

And isn't there something superfluous or malfunctioning among these settings in the context of Premium/Non-Premium?

No, this is all correct now. The "Premium" video format group is just a name which came from previous KVS versions, you can rename it to anything else. It is not connected to access level anymore.

On 4/8/2024 at 8:09 PM, Tech Support said:

6.2.1 update status is FINAL. We are currently uploading updates for public, this may take several days.

We didn't run beta testing for this update, and it might be possible that it will have some bugs. In case of severe bugs we will re-upload the update, so if you updated earlier you may need to re-do the same update procedure once again to get the bugs fixed.

Is it ready now? If I update now, do I have to update again?

And do I get free installation by support?

11 hours ago, viper said:

Is it ready now? If I update now, do I have to update again?

The updates are in process of uploading, you can check if your license has an update archive available.

11 hours ago, viper said:

And do I get free installation by support?

No, there is no free update installation. We are physically not able to update all projects for free, even if working 24/7.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for next update, notification when user has someone else reply their comment or like/dislike their comment or feature change like/dislike video

i'm still using old version 6.1

Edited by Tanjiro