KVS 6.0.1 update

Tech Support

Update status

6.0.1 update status is FINAL. You can download update in KVS client zone for all your licenses:

6.0.1.thumb.jpg.b8e20b9d93ec572aa448b55106453437.jpg

Update requirements

• KVS 5.0.0+ (earlier versions should be updated to KVS 5.0.1 first).
  • PHP 7.1 - 7.4 (PHP 8 is not yet supported).

If you haven't yet updated KVS to 5.0.1, then please do, you can find KVS 5.0.1 update information here: KVS 5.0.1 update

Important notes for 6.0.1

• There is a small issue during update procedure that comes from changing to the new admin panel code - admin panel will show you unexpected error after you copy update files to your server. This is because your browser still have the old admin panel JS in memory - so what you need is page refresh to load the new admin panel JS.
  • Please check KVS 5.5.0 and vertical screenshots issue in old projects issue if you didn't yet update to this version.
  • Please check important notes for 5.4.0 if you didn't yet update to this version.
  • Please check important notes for 5.2.0 if you didn't yet update to this version.

6.0.1 update procedure

Any project starting from 5.0.0 can be updated to 6.0.1 with one only procedure. Depending on your current KVS version, update procedure may contain additional steps for older versions.

You must use KVS update plugin in order to update your project. For update you will need:

• KVS update ZIP archive for your project and its hash code for update plugin (contact support in beta phase to get these).
  • FTP connection to your project so that you can upload files.

Update procedure has the following steps:

• Create backup using Backup plugin.
  • Upload update ZIP into KVS update plugin and specify hash code.
  • KVS update plugin will notify you if there are any custom changes in KVS system files, which will be overridden by update (player skins are not checked here, so they will be silently updated if have custom changes).
  • KVS update plugin will update database automatically.
  • KVS update plugin will ask you to copy files from the archive on top of your project using FTP or filesystem copy. Please make sure you are NOT USING sync functionality in your FTP client, which will delete many files on your server, because obviously update archive contains only part of all files. What you need is just to drag and drop files from update archive on top of your project root folder and confirm their re-writing (excluding _INSTALL folder, it doesn't need to be copied).
  • KVS update plugin will verify the updated files and finalize update procedure.
  • Use System audit plugin to verify that everything looks good.

Whats new in KVS 6.0.1

Beta testing bugfixes plus several new features: more token features in internal messages, more filters for videos and albums, highlighting of mentioned videos in feedbacks for easier DMCA handling.

1) In memberzone settings you can now configure individual internal message pricing for different members groups. Also members will now be able to earn a share of paid tokens from other users messaging to them.

2) Site feedback GUI will now highlight videos that were mentioned in message text via hyperlinks with ability to filter all these videos in one click.

3) Embed player profiles will allow using partial domain match for specifying their domain names.

4) Video and album lists in admin panel now support filtering by category groups, model groups, content source groups and channel groups.

5) When validating import data, KVS will allow skipping lines with invalid data format if any. Previously you would have to correct or remove them before moving forward.

6) Bugs that have been fixed:

• [LOW] Player poster should display video title in alt attribute.
  • [LOW] Access code transaction auto-closing revoked premium status in some rare cases, when was not necessary.
  • [LOW] Several minor issues in 6.0 reported during beta testing.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Videos search options was better in old admin panel,

now it display same video and reload many time, without a button,

Please see the screenshots, I mean when I click on "Add to filter", Why I clicked it?, because to see more videos from the same filter, 

1st screenshot.

Screenshot_525.thumb.png.b4c1cd6fc6e156f608bed61d71bb8aca.png

2nd Screenshot.

Screenshot_526.thumb.png.2d146231a201ec8835a94c46b3eb80c5.png

17 hours ago, xvids said:

Then the video only should have URL, It should not have other data like, tags, category, etc...

What is the reason for doing this? The video page has some SEO related to the content printed in its page HTML. If remove the content, the SEO will be gone. Please explain what is the benefit of having this.

On 12/7/2022 at 5:42 AM, Tech Support said:

What is the reason for doing this? The video page has some SEO related to the content printed in its page HTML. If remove the content, the SEO will be gone. Please explain what is the benefit of having this.

I only think that Its will have benefit for some DB load, And Also we don't have benefit by keeping it in DB, 

Because when we Mark deleted video, Next day DMCA agent or individual send dmca removal request to Google.

1) Please do something for player timelines screenshot, so many HTTP-request to server.

2) Right now I have set related videos by title, I want to change display it, related videos by tags, when video mark deleted,

On 12/8/2022 at 3:46 PM, xvids said:

I only think that Its will have benefit for some DB load, And Also we don't have benefit by keeping it in DB, 

Because when we Mark deleted video, Next day DMCA agent or individual send dmca removal request to Google.

We have to think about it. In many cases videos are marked deleted not only because of DMCA, but due to some other reasons and losing SEO would be a bad idea there. Could be some kind of option added to enable this optionally.

1) Please do something for player timelines screenshot, so many HTTP-request to server.

This is planned with the new player.

2) Right now I have set related videos by title, I want to change display it, related videos by tags, when video mark deleted,

You will have to insert multiple related videos on the view video page with different settings. A new list_videos block should be inserted for deleted videos like this:

{{if $storage.video_view_video_view.status_id==5}}
	{{insert name="getBlock" block_id="list_videos" block_name="Related Videos For Deleted"}}
{{else}}
	{{insert name="getBlock" block_id="list_videos" block_name="Related Videos"}}
{{/if}}

And then configure Related Videos For Deleted with another set of options and same template.

I updated from version 5.5 to 6.0.1

Not happy about the admin panel design change.

The previous edition was very efficient in terms of spacing. The new one although looks modern and beautiful but its relevant since nobody see the backend except myself. Its like dirty kitchen, customers are not gonna see it.

When the size of window is small (~ 1024px 750px) the side menu when is expanded  it swill over laps the content of page, This is giving me a headache... Is it possible to have the retro style on new version?

1 hour ago, Anna034546 said:

The previous edition was very efficient in terms of spacing.

Please create support ticket and post some screenshots what you don't like specifically. First of all we may consider changing it. And another option is that possible to override admin panel styles locally, so that it worked as you want it just for you. Unfortunately the old admin panel was only supporting Desktop devices, and in order to enable support for mobile devices we had to think something about menus and spacing.

1 hour ago, Anna034546 said:

When the size of window is small (~ 1024px 750px) the side menu when is expanded  it swill over laps the content of page

Same here, please send screenshot in the ticket so that we clearly understand what you mean.

Thanks for your feedback, the design is not final and we will adopt it as soon as we have some more details.

On 12/16/2022 at 9:51 AM, Anna034546 said:

I updated from version 5.5 to 6.0.1

Not happy about the admin panel design change.

The previous edition was very efficient in terms of spacing. The new one although looks modern and beautiful but its relevant since nobody see the backend except myself. Its like dirty kitchen, customers are not gonna see it.

When the size of window is small (~ 1024px 750px) the side menu when is expanded  it swill over laps the content of page, This is giving me a headache... Is it possible to have the retro style on new version?

While new admin is an upgrade it has many bugs that should be corrected 

16 hours ago, phseven said:

On Sattellite sites admin users other then superadmins do not work

Please make sure you are using login names correctly, because starting from 6.0 admin panel login is case-sensitive. If this is not the case please create support ticket.

16 hours ago, phseven said:

Working on Ipad stats and settings do not work

Yes, somebody already reported into the ticket and we are looking into that.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hbarnetworks said:

Can there be an option aswell to compress user uploaded avatar/thumbnail images? Unless thats already possible but I was unable to find it. :)

Do you mean where to set JPEG compression level for them, or thumb size?

Both are possible:

1) JPEG compression level can be set via /admin/include/setup.php in this option:

$config['imagemagick_default_jpeg_quality']="80";

But please note it affects not only members, but other thumbs as well except video and album screenshots: models, categories, channels and etc.

2) Thumb size can be set in Settings -> Content settings.

21 hours ago, Tech Support said:

Do you mean where to set JPEG compression level for them, or thumb size?

Both are possible:

1) JPEG compression level can be set via /admin/include/setup.php in this option:

$config['imagemagick_default_jpeg_quality']="80";

But please note it affects not only members, but other thumbs as well except video and album screenshots: models, categories, channels and etc.

2) Thumb size can be set in Settings -> Content settings.

No I am talking about a user uploaded thumbnail as an example. For instance a couple users uploaded 20mb thumbnail images and set that as default. So when they load the kvs.js it first has to load 20mb as for the thumbnail. 😑. It doesn't compress when a user uploads them manually. Unless it should?

It depends on your settings. Typically for user avatars the fixed size is configured, e.g. 200x200, so it should resize the uploaded image to this size and at the same time compress them. But with some settings it may not resize, if your avatar settings are set to dynamic size and big size, when you want to keep the original image size, for example like this

avatar_size.png.e5b53b70094daf4dd2ba5073d83b89ce.png

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2023 at 12:52 AM, Tech Support said:

For video thumbnails you configure their compression in Settings -> Screenshot formats. There are imagemagick options there.

Aah I see. Awesome thx.

By the way are there any 2FA options in the works? :D? For users as well as administrators?