Option to connect to S3 compatible bucket to use as Storage server?

Justin

We want to use block storage provider such as AWS, DigitalOcean, Backblaze as our storage server due to their lower price, higher speed, and durability. These cloud providers have something call S3 object storage that does not work with ftp.

Is there a way to connect an S3 compatible block storage to be used as a storage server?

If not, is there a plan to implement this feature? Instead of setting up multiple ftp servers to act as storage servers, with this feature, we can simply setup buckets storage instead and significantly keep the cost down.

Examples of S3 compatible storages:

B2 Cloud Storage: The Lowest Cost On Demand Storage As a Service (backblaze.com)

DigitalOcean Spaces | S3-Compatible Cloud Object Storage

Thank you!

• Like 1

I am also looking for this. I need it to be S3 compatible so I can use it with Wasabi, etc. I don't actually want to use s3. And plus I am having a lot of "file not found" errors while using ftp and my members are yelling at me. I think cloud storage will solve the problem.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:42 PM, animekid said:

I am having a lot of "file not found" errors while using ftp and my members are yelling at me

It's possible that you are running our of bandwidth on the storage server or your primary server is failing to connect or timing out at storage

• 5 months later...

I'm a KVS user since 2012 I think and I love the script. But I really can't understand why you (Techs) are ignoring and keep delaying this feature. S3 is not just amazon but a protocol used by almost ALL cloud storage out there. These days clips are HUGE and can't be hosted on the server.

There are some workarounds like using SFTPtoGO or Goofys to mount the cloud storage bucket locally. However, as I said, they are workarounds.

Your biggest competitor that I won't name here supports S3 for a couple of years now.

Our latest feature poll shows that customers are more interested in other features, please check it here:

Another reason is that this year we started nextgen implementation, and we don't want to add new features using the old code, test them, then again spend time to move these features to nextgen and test them again.

On 11/10/2021 at 10:40 AM, Tech Support said:

Another reason is that this year we started nextgen implementation, and we don't want to add new features using the old code, test them, then again spend time to move these features to nextgen and test them again.

Hello,

as you are working on nextgen, and you maybe modify admin CSS, please consider Dark theme for admin Panel, If possible

On 11/9/2021 at 10:47 PM, simons said:

These days clips are HUGE and can't be hosted on the server.

hosting on servers are like 1/4 of price of cloud storage.

Cloud storage is only cheap at begin when you dont have much visitors, but when your website grows their prices are not cost effective at all.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 10:24 AM, phseven said:

Like others have mention hosting on server is way cheaper.

We run European and American servers for content serving for a fraction of the price cloud services offer.

With 6TB starting at 50 Euro with unlimited bandwith nothing can beat it.

6TB with 50 Euro???? can u send what hosting do u use!!!

On 12/9/2021 at 2:24 AM, phseven said:

Like others have mention hosting on server is way cheaper.

We run European and American servers for content serving for a fraction of the price cloud services offer.

With 6TB starting at 50 Euro with unlimited bandwith nothing can beat it.

Thats cheap

how is their support and uptime?

would you mind share their website name?  I can use your referral code for signup.

• Like 1

hey

Sorry for late answer , We use OVH and their uptime is pretty good.

The servers are managed by ourselves since OVH doesnt sell managed servers. 

If you need them managed let me know and we can work something out as we can manage them for you as we do for many others.

• Like 1