Ultimate-theme1 robots.txt issue

Westcircle

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to let know everybody who is planning to upgrade their default theme to ultimate-theme1. As you probably know this theme can be purchased outside the KVS but is fully integrated into the system. The upgrade is straightforward BUT you need to be aware of the robots.txt file. Please check whether it allows bots (including google) to crawl your website.

I came across significant visitors drop after the theme upgrade and started to investigate. After checking some main keywords on google I found out that almost all results I used to have on google were gone and those who were there included google comments that the robots.txt file is blocking the website for crawling. So, I tested my website with the google robots.txt test tool which showed me User-agent: *  Disallow: /  

So, what you need to do if it is your case too, is just change your robots.txt file, upload it to your server then submit your new file to google on the same tester tool page. Do not forget to submit your sitemap file as well, so google will know that there are changes.

Now, I am starting to see visitors coming back, but I believe it will take some time for google to re-crawl the whole website.

• Like 1

It must have been an isolated issue, they provided me with support for a problem with the thumbnails, they are excellent. One tip, for those who acquire this theme, the search queries are not active in the sitemap, you can add them by following the tutorial here on the forum, it significantly increased my traffic.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, 3dz said:

It must have been an isolated issue, they provided me with support for a problem with the thumbnails, they are excellent. One tip, for those who acquire this theme, the search queries are not active in the sitemap, you can add them by following the tutorial here on the forum, it significantly increased my traffic.

Maybe it just happened to me. I'm not blaming them for anything, their support was very good. I am just saying, if somebody encounters such an issue, at least they will know where to start digging :classic_smile:

P.S. Thanks for the sitemap tip, just updated mine according the tutorial 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 3dz said:

One tip, for those who acquire this theme, the search queries are not active in the sitemap, you can add them by following the tutorial here on the forum, it significantly increased my traffic.

very interesting comment. Thank you. Although I don't use this theme - didn't know about this part. Will look into!

Best wishes! H

On 4/4/2023 at 6:36 PM, 3dz said:

Can you show me where to see this tutorial? My traffic dropped so much in October after purchasing this and not it makes more sense. :(

• 1 month later...

I am getting ready to buy the ultimate theme. I see there is a robots.txt and sitemap issue, but are there any other issues? Does kvs-themes have fast support for theme questions? Does the theme have any unexpected behavior? 

Edited by animekid

• 3 months later...
On 4/5/2023 at 8:35 PM, Westcircle said:

Maybe it just happened to me. I'm not blaming them for anything, their support was very good. I am just saying, if somebody encounters such an issue, at least they will know where to start digging :classic_smile:

P.S. Thanks for the sitemap tip, just updated mine according the tutorial 

You're correct, I'm digging this issue right now, I was trying to find out why the hell Google Search Console keep saying "Couldn't fetch" for hours, I was looking to robots.txt file and I know why, I keep finding on kvs forum and found this topic, thank you for your topic, I also find @3dz 's comment very useful, I'll definitely look into it, thank you both