KVS 5.5.0 discussion and poll

Tech Support

Please vote for your 2 desired features in 5.4.0 (we already know for HLS / adaptive streaming, so it is not included)  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose your most wanted feature

• Ability to reply comments (e.g. hierarchical comments)
    • User notification system, ability for users to get notifications about some events (new comments for their videos for example)
    • Support for user groups and privileges (for example configure that users from group A are not allowed to comment, or rate, or download and etc)
    • User achievements, badges (for example after posting XX comments, or uploading XX videos)
    • Ability to re-order album photos in any album
    • Support for importing / exporting feeds for albums same as for videos
    • Support for WebP in albums
    • Content sheduler (ability to specify how many new content you want to publish each day and KVS will follow these settings)
    • Better custom fields (ability to specify their type, required, value range)
    • Grouping of video timeline screenshots into a single sprite image (should result in faster timeline loading) + optional timeline sources (should save disk space)
    • Video subtitles support
    • Support of S3 protocol in storage servers (should allow using Amazon S3 for content storage and streaming)
    • Ability to disallow individual videos for certain countries
    • Ability to use Google translate service (paid) to create localized titles / descriptions for content and categorization
    • Better synonymizer plugin that will support complex expressions
    • Ability to import / export categorization objects
  2. 2. Please choose your another most wanted feature (same set)

• User notification system, ability for users to get notifications about some events (new comments for their videos for example)
    • Support for user groups and privileges (for example configure that users from group A are not allowed to comment, or rate, or download and etc)
    • User achievements, badges (for example after posting XX comments, or uploading XX videos)
    • Ability to re-order album photos in any album
    • Support for importing / exporting feeds for albums same as for videos
    • Support for WebP in albums
    • Content sheduler (ability to specify how many new content you want to publish each day and KVS will follow these settings)
    • Better custom fields (ability to specify their type, required, value range)
    • Grouping of video timeline screenshots into a single sprite image (should result in faster timeline loading) + optional timeline sources (should save disk space)
    • Video subtitles support
    • Support of S3 protocol in storage servers (should allow using Amazon S3 for content storage and streaming)
    • Ability to disallow individual videos for certain countries
    • Ability to use Google translate service (paid) to create localized titles / descriptions for content and categorization
    • Better synonymizer plugin that will support complex expressions
    • Ability to import / export categorization objects

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Tech Support said:

Why not just using title for this? Sounds more logical than separate field.

Let's look at an example from my previous screenshot. For the name of the partner I would use "Fresh Men". And for example, for a button of such a plan "Watch More of Adam at Fresh Men", I would put exactly the name of the partner.
But the button in the format "Visit FRESHMEN.com" looks more impressive and encourages action from users exactly when the URL of the site with "com" is used.

So this is an additional option to add variety and usability to the buttons and links and increase the conversion.

On 1/22/2023 at 11:27 AM, Alex said:

Guys, could you please add Trans for Gender menu by Models?

We will make this configurable in future. You can use Other at the moment, and you can rename it in frontend in Website UI -> Texts section.

If we add more specific values right now, there will be an issue for updating users, that can use new values in admin panel, but their themes will miss the needed texts.

I am currently redeveloping a site - so a lot of ideas come along)

Сould you add Order for Post as it is by Content Sources now? This will allow blog posts to be pinned to the top, as it is now possible to do on the walls in social networks. 

There is also Order for Channel groups. But in a strange way, there is not for Channels. This could also be used. I think it will not be difficult to add Order for Channels?

Order.jpg

13 hours ago, Alex said:

Сould you add Order for Post as it is by Content Sources now? This will allow blog posts to be pinned to the top, as it is now possible to do on the walls in social networks. 

We will consider adding manual sorting for posts, but this will likely go to the new codebase.

13 hours ago, Alex said:

There is also Order for Channel groups. But in a strange way, there is not for Channels. This could also be used. I think it will not be difficult to add Order for Channels?

There is support for Order for channels, this column is just not enabled by default and you can enable it via column chooser functionality.

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2021 at 7:03 AM, Tech Support said:

For now we have HLS task, which is far more important than VR. After we are done with HLS, we will see what next.

But for sure we need some VR indicator in KVS, to allow at least using 3rd-party VR player for VR videos.

Hi,

It would be superb to get an update regarding the possibility to add VR promo clips to my KVS website.

Do you have any news about this topic?

If there's no plan to have VR support for the player, please come up with a suggestion on how can we add such content to our site? 

My company runs almost a dozen tubes, and would love to launch or very first pure VR one..

20 hours ago, Matyko42 said:

If there's no plan to have VR support for the player, please come up with a suggestion on how can we add such content to our site? 

You can use any 3rd-party player with VR support to run a VR site. Just replace KVS player with your VR player.

For now we are working with the new player, but the work is done as a low priority background (on weekends when have time), so likely to be ready only in the 2nd half of the year. And no plans to add VR at the moment, we just want to get rid of obsolete flowplayer code that we are using and add support for HLS.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Is this available yet ?

Besides, it would be great if this could implemented

Right now user won't know if there is any notification or not when they visit site until they hover or click to "hello, user" bar

image.png.841c09e227d62a3b5670046afc419eee.png

What if there's some notification and there's a sign for it ? Like this, user instantly know there's something for them. The (*) can be a number notification, but it should be red color or highlight color instead normal color

image.png.78ef111d7849328c02d4fc647472d065.png

And when they click to it, it will be like this

image.png.c493ae531099cf60502e132133abf547.png

Or a notification bell like facebook/youtube would be perfect, a small bell icon next to "Hello, user" bar

Edited by Tanjiro

You can render the number of unread messages like this:

{{$smarty.session.unread_messages}} - the total number of unread messages
{{$smarty.session.unread_invites}} - the number of unread invites
{{$smarty.session.unread_non_invites}} - the number of unread messages minus invites

9 hours ago, Tanjiro said:

Is this available yet ?

Not yet, but we moving towards it with the nextgen development.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Guys, can you add mass change of password for users. I see periodically the suspicious mass login of certain parties of users on Premium site. Clearly these are compromised accounts. I don't want to disable them, since the real owner can always reappear and subscribe again, but massively changing the password to a random one would be the optimal solution.

8 hours ago, Alex said:

Guys, can you add mass change of password for users. I see periodically the suspicious mass login of certain parties of users on Premium site. Clearly these are compromised accounts. I don't want to disable them, since the real owner can always reappear and subscribe again, but massively changing the password to a random one would be the optimal solution.

We will add that, but please also create a ticket, there is another way of solving this problem using automatic ban.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys!

Do you have a plan to make groups for tags in the future (similar as for categories, models, etc.)?

I would like to make a similar grouping for the tags page.

groups.jpg

On 3/1/2024 at 8:01 PM, Alex said:

Do you have a plan to make groups for tags in the future (similar as for categories, models, etc.)?

No, we don't plan grouping for tags. What you show on the picture is categories, not tags. Tags in KVS are free form text labels that can be 100000s on a project (and normally are bigger then 10000). There is no sense to group them.

• 1 month later...

Now I can only select "show_only_with_videos (Integer)" or "show_only_with_albums (Integer)" in the Models List, but I can’t specify what kind of content: Public, Premium etc… Please add the option to specify it like it works in Common Videos List.

I'll explain the situation. The site has its own content (Premium) and Affiliate content from sponsors (Public). Models are marked everywhere. But I do not want models from affiliate content to be presented in the general list of models until this model is shooted in our own production, after which the model should automatically appear in the model list immediately after the publication of premium content with her/his participation.

Thank you!

models.jpg

Sorry, we can't add this due to performance issues. There is no technical way we can easily check if the model has public or any other types of videos when displaying model list. You have to think about other way of design. For example if you don't want models from affiliates to be present, you can add them to some model group, and then use skip_model_groups filter in your general list_models blocks where you don't want these models to appear.

47 minutes ago, Tech Support said:

you can add them to some model group

Of course, I can do this, but it's extra work and attention not to forget to transfer each model from one group to another… Manual labor instead of automatic.

If suddenly it will be possible with the nextgen code, please implement this function!