Make timeline screenshots load faster

Emilia

Hi,

I have set the video formats to create timeline thumbnails every 2 seconds.

Is it possible to load them in the background when the video starts playing?

That short delay between the thumbnail loading and mouse moving can be deal breaker for a lot of people.

On the other hand, I was looking at how youtube does it and they seem to make a sprite image

Eg. This video - WILDLIFE IN SERENGETI | Wild animals | Serengeti National Park - YouTube makes this sprite

M2.jpg?sqp=-oaymwENSDfyq4qpAwVwAcABAaLzl_8DBgjosIGzBQ==&sigh=rs%24AOn4CLA6mwSprnuwpJshtROOz6vm04-3wA

and it's great because it's loaded instantly and people don't need to wait microseconds for preview to load

I understand that making sprite might not be in development pipeline but is there any way at all to make timeline thumbnails load in background or just faster in general?

• Like 1

We have this feature in our list for a long time and will definitely change this some day. You will be able to convert your existing timelines into the merged one after the update.

We are planning to make a 5.5.0 feature poll later today, and this feature will also be included, so please make sure you vote for it.

On 12/6/2020 at 6:59 PM, Emilia said:

I understand that making sprite might not be in development pipeline but is there any way at all to make timeline thumbnails load in background or just faster in general?

Not possible now, but we will add this into 5.4.0, sounds to be an easy fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tech Support said:

We have this feature in our list for a long time and will definitely change this some day. You will be able to convert your existing timelines into the merged one after the update.

We are planning to make a 5.4.0 feature poll later today, and this feature will also be included, so please make sure you vote for it.

Not possible now, but we will add this into 5.3.1, sounds to be an easy fix.

there is going to be a poll? Well I wonder what feature is gonna be top 😂 I can take a little guess.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/5/2021 at 3:08 PM, Tech Support said:

No, not yet.

Is this feature already available now? I was very surprised that there is no sprite in the player, but only a lot of images. This creates a great inconvenience for users.

Edited by Universal

• 10 months later...