Alot of questions before buying a new license

Hi guys, i got alot of questions regarding servers and website specs

1) is this server as main server for website specs ok ? can it handle 5000 users conconcurrent with KVS theme ? will it lag the site?

CPU Model: Dual Xeon E5-2670 V2 ($214+ USD / mth )
CPU Cores: 20 Cores / 40 Threads
CPU Speed: 3.30 GHz
CPU Benchmark: 11,694 Per CPU
Network Port: 1 Gbps (Dedicated)
Network Scheme: Unmetered

2) is this conversion server good enough ? able to handle 10-20 minutes 720p videos converting 100-200 videos per day or more? should i get 2 or 3 ? which is preferred?

Also how many converting task can this server handle conconcurrent? 

Dual Xeon E5-2660 64GB 2x500GB SSD 2.2GHz / 3GHz Turbo 16 Cores / 32 threads 1Gbit unmetered - $49 / mth or should i get lower price and half of the core ? does the model matters?

2.1) is this video streaming server good enough to stream to 5000 users concurrent ?

Dual Xeon 2690 v2 CPU - $500 USD / mth
128 GB RAM
4 x 18TB HDD
10Gbps with 3Gbps at 95th allowed

3) is there an option auto generating of tags from video titles automatically when we upload videos into server for converting ?

4) if i have 1 million visitors per day, also got 300,000+ videos, can KVS handle the load ? since 300,000 videos will generate alot of queries from what i know.

5) do i need to buy a backup server to backup or ? If so, what specs should i buy or just a big storage server will do ? do i need to backup the video files and website files?

6) Any crypto payment processor you guys using that doesnt need ID verification ? for the token purchase for members.

7) are we able to set free download for all members ? 

8) is HLS streaming/converting ready in 6.21 ? or its in preparing phrase ?

if i go more questions, i will post here

13 hours ago, niceguy1987 said:

1) is this server as main server for website specs ok ? can it handle 5000 users conconcurrent with KVS theme ? will it lag the site?

2) is this conversion server good enough ? able to handle 10-20 minutes 720p videos converting 100-200 videos per day or more? should i get 2 or 3 ? which is preferred?

Dual Xeon E5-2660 64GB 2x500GB SSD 2.2GHz / 3GHz Turbo 16 Cores / 32 threads 1Gbit unmetered - $49 / mth or should i get lower price and half of the core ? does the model matters?

2.1) is this video streaming server good enough to stream to 5000 users concurrent ?

128 GB RAM
4 x 18TB HDD

Unfortunately we don't have any way to tell this exactly. Your main server setup looks fine, in KVS the main issue is not the number of visitors, but the number of content. The number of visitors is mitigated by caching, but the huge number of content makes caching not very effective, and here is when the issues begin to arise. Normally sites below 100k of videos do not have these issues, but everything higher may require either better server, or some adjustments.

The content server also looks fine, but we can't comment if 10gbps will be enough, you will only see that later. Luckily you don't need to care about this at the very beginning, you can expand your storage any time.

The conversion server sounds low-end, will likely be not enough. Especially as you said later 300k videos. Just consider that a server that processes 100 videos per day will require you 3000 days to process 300k videos, which is not something you probably expect.

3) is there an option auto generating of tags from video titles automatically when we upload videos into server for converting ?

It can auto-select from the existing list of tags - yes, not to auto-generate from scratch. So you may need to fill in your initial set of tags.

4) if i have 1 million visitors per day, also got 300,000+ videos, can KVS handle the load ? since 300,000 videos will generate alot of queries from what i know.

It depends. But probably would require installing sphinx and moving related videos and search there to mitigate the load.

14 hours ago, niceguy1987 said:

5) do i need to buy a backup server to backup or ? If so, what specs should i buy or just a big storage server will do ? do i need to backup the video files and website files?

For backup you can use some cloud solution, which supports S3 protocol.

6) Any crypto payment processor you guys using that doesnt need ID verification ? for the token purchase for members.

KVS supports https://www.coinpayments.net/ and I think they require verification.

Yes.

KVS doesn't yet support HLS, this is a feature for the future development.

7 hours ago, Tech Support said:

Unfortunately we don't have any way to tell this exactly. Your main server setup looks fine, in KVS the main issue is not the number of visitors, but the number of content. The number of visitors is mitigated by caching, but the huge number of content makes caching not very effective, and here is when the issues begin to arise. Normally sites below 100k of videos do not have these issues, but everything higher may require either better server, or some adjustments.

The content server also looks fine, but we can't comment if 10gbps will be enough, you will only see that later. Luckily you don't need to care about this at the very beginning, you can expand your storage any time.

The conversion server sounds low-end, will likely be not enough. Especially as you said later 300k videos. Just consider that a server that processes 100 videos per day will require you 3000 days to process 300k videos, which is not something you probably expect.

It can auto-select from the existing list of tags - yes, not to auto-generate from scratch. So you may need to fill in your initial set of tags.

It depends. But probably would require installing sphinx and moving related videos and search there to mitigate the load.

For backup you can use some cloud solution, which supports S3 protocol.

KVS supports https://www.coinpayments.net/ and I think they require verification.

Yes.

KVS doesn't yet support HLS, this is a feature for the future development.

Hello, 

Thank you for the reply, so for this msg

1) " It depends. But probably would require installing sphinx and moving related videos and search there to mitigate the load. " so my site will have more than 200k-300k videos in time, would it be better to request to setup installing sphinx and moving related videos/search before KVS team setup the server/installation ? or in the later stage it can be requested for a fee also ? will it affect the whole site like the mariaDB , mysql ,php-fm so on ? 

2) Also what raid is recommended before installation for my Main Server (Raid 1 ? Raid 5/6 or Raid 10 ? and Video streaming server (Raid 1 ? Raid 5/6 or Raid 10? 

Then also when you mention

3) " The conversion server sounds low-end, will likely be not enough " , i checked the benchmark the specs :

Multithread Rating

Single Thread Rating

1357, it has also Turbo Speed: 3.0 GHz, and 64gb ram 8 cores x 2(dual xeon) = 16 cores (this spec not consider good also ? or i am missing something?)

or we have buy higher specs ? 

https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/ ( which server should i buy for converting especially for converting 4-5 videos concurrent + 720p ? ), i saw this site offers very good price for good specs or Do you have recommendations for any other sites ? i see people saying more cores is the best.

4) Then for this reply " For backup you can use some cloud solution, which supports S3 protocol."

i just google up, there is cloudflare R2, Storage / Month - $0.015 per GB, which seems good for storage, can we use this as backup for video streaming server files/and main server files ? DOes KVS admin panel have this function whereas we can connect this thing cloudflare R2 storage into KVS and KVS can automatically backup all our daily newly converted videos/newly updated main server files? or we have to select something or there's a guide on this where users have attempted this before ?

Then also if any users wish to comment to add on something to help out a newbie like me, would be thankful. Thank you KVS and other users

Also one more question,

If we have 20000 vdeos on queue for converting, dated Nov 1, 2024. However on Nov 2, 2024 we uploaded 10 new videos, are we able to make these 10 videos to convert and publish it out first ? like priority converting ? if so how does it work ? One by one and force convert and it push to convert server to convert and publish ? or we can multi select the new videos queue to multiple force convert ? 

Than k you

9 hours ago, niceguy1987 said:

so my site will have more than 200k-300k videos in time, would it be better to request to setup installing sphinx and moving related videos/search before KVS team setup the server/installation ? or in the later stage it can be requested for a fee also ? will it affect the whole site like the mariaDB , mysql ,php-fm so on ? 

There is no need to install sphinx initially, it can be installed later at any stage. It won't affect anything. KVS is not installing sphinx, even if you purchase our server setup service, as this is not part of KVS requirements.

If you want to ask for sphinx setup during server setup for an additional price, please create ticket in Sales department with that question.

2) Also what raid is recommended before installation for my Main Server (Raid 1 ? Raid 5/6 or Raid 10 ? and Video streaming server (Raid 1 ? Raid 5/6 or Raid 10?

Unfortunately no expertise in this, better to ask your hosting company.

1357, it has also Turbo Speed: 3.0 GHz, and 64gb ram 8 cores x 2(dual xeon) = 16 cores (this spec not consider good also ? or i am missing something?)

or we have buy higher specs ? 

https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/ ( which server should i buy for converting especially for converting 4-5 videos concurrent + 720p ? ), i saw this site offers very good price for good specs or Do you have recommendations for any other sites ? i see people saying more cores is the best.

I was saying solely based on server price ($49 per month sounds like low level server). We can't comment on hardware parameters, just because the only way to know how a specific CPU is doing conversion is to run some tests on it, obviously we are not able to do that. Or you can find some description online, maybe someone was doing some tests with different CPUs. Something like this (scroll down to h264 encoding):

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12945/the-intel-core-i7-8086k-review/6

Low Quality/Resolution H264: Here we transcode a 640x266 H264 rip of a 2 hour film, and change the encoding from Main profile to High profile, using the very-fast preset:

h264_cpu.png.a908e6946ab30c43087cf9578f5f263e.png

So the highest value here is 1599 fps using very fast preset (low compression ratio), which gives around 1 minute of video per second if using 25 frames per second (which KVS uses by default). So according to this test using Core i7 8700K, 720p video may be ~4 times slower, e.g. 15 seconds of video per second, and 10 minute clip will require at minimum 40 seconds to transcode using very fast profile (low compression ratio). FFmpeg will utilize all available processor units, so converting in parallel doesn't give much benefit and timing will be roughly the same. If converting to both 720p and 480p, plus short video preview, it may take x2 time, e.g. 120 seconds for a 10 minute video. Then if you have 300k of such videos, it will take 420 days to convert them all using Core i7 8700K.

i just google up, there is cloudflare R2, Storage / Month - $0.015 per GB, which seems good for storage, can we use this as backup for video streaming server files/and main server files ? DOes KVS admin panel have this function whereas we can connect this thing cloudflare R2 storage into KVS and KVS can automatically backup all our daily newly converted videos/newly updated main server files? or we have to select something or there's a guide on this where users have attempted this before ?

If it supports S3 connection it can be used as a backup for both content and KVS backups. It should be just added as a 2nd server into KVS storage system alternative to your primary streaming server and should have streaming type = no public access. This is straightforward configuration in KVS.

7 hours ago, niceguy1987 said:

If we have 20000 vdeos on queue for converting, dated Nov 1, 2024. However on Nov 2, 2024 we uploaded 10 new videos, are we able to make these 10 videos to convert and publish it out first ? like priority converting ? if so how does it work ? One by one and force convert and it push to convert server to convert and publish ? or we can multi select the new videos queue to multiple force convert ? 

Yes, this would be possible. KVS has increase priority option in video list, so you can mass select your 20 videos and increase their priority, they be converted faster than the rest of the queue.

On 10/9/2024 at 5:24 AM, niceguy1987 said:

Hi guys, i got alot of questions regarding servers and website specs

128 GB RAM
4 x 18TB HDD

if i go more questions, i will post here

be aware that 4x18tb hdd's can never reach 10gbps specially if raid is involved. 4x18tb even with the fastest raid with redudancy, which is raid 10 speed is 2-3gb/s max. (with the best conditions) 5000 concurrent users with 3mb/s equals 10-15gbit. 

Sending 5000 users to the streaming server will saturate IO/bandwith and cause it to slow down to 1-2gb/s. This configuration will not work thats also why its only 500 bucks. This is too cheap for 10gbit connection. Decent server goes for 1k+

Hello

With KVs you can start small and then expand .

Servers look enough to start except for encoding .  You should go with GPU encoding if most videos are  high res special if 4k.

We have some GPU and CPU encoders special made for KVS for very good monthly rates. Message me if interested

Regards

JP

20 hours ago, Tech Support said:

There is no need to install sphinx initially, it can be installed later at any stage. It won't affect anything. KVS is not installing sphinx, even if you purchase our server setup service, as this is not part of KVS requirements.

If you want to ask for sphinx setup during server setup for an additional price, please create ticket in Sales department with that question.

Unfortunately no expertise in this, better to ask your hosting company.

I was saying solely based on server price ($49 per month sounds like low level server). We can't comment on hardware parameters, just because the only way to know how a specific CPU is doing conversion is to run some tests on it, obviously we are not able to do that. Or you can find some description online, maybe someone was doing some tests with different CPUs. Something like this (scroll down to h264 encoding):

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12945/the-intel-core-i7-8086k-review/6

Low Quality/Resolution H264: Here we transcode a 640x266 H264 rip of a 2 hour film, and change the encoding from Main profile to High profile, using the very-fast preset:

h264_cpu.png.a908e6946ab30c43087cf9578f5f263e.png

So the highest value here is 1599 fps using very fast preset (low compression ratio), which gives around 1 minute of video per second if using 25 frames per second (which KVS uses by default). So according to this test using Core i7 8700K, 720p video may be ~4 times slower, e.g. 15 seconds of video per second, and 10 minute clip will require at minimum 40 seconds to transcode using very fast profile (low compression ratio). FFmpeg will utilize all available processor units, so converting in parallel doesn't give much benefit and timing will be roughly the same. If converting to both 720p and 480p, plus short video preview, it may take x2 time, e.g. 120 seconds for a 10 minute video. Then if you have 300k of such videos, it will take 420 days to convert them all using Core i7 8700K.

If it supports S3 connection it can be used as a backup for both content and KVS backups. It should be just added as a 2nd server into KVS storage system alternative to your primary streaming server and should have streaming type = no public access. This is straightforward configuration in KVS.

Yes, this would be possible. KVS has increase priority option in video list, so you can mass select your 20 videos and increase their priority, they be converted faster than the rest of the queue.

Hi,

Thanks for reply, when you mean support S3 connection what does it mean ? i just google up cloudflare R2+S3, it shows me amazon S3. 

Also, lets say our video streaming server one of he server is broke and need to reinstall the server,  we just need to click sync from this cloudflare storage ? and everything will be up again ? or we have to create a support ticket to request for installation and configuration again for video streaming for a fee ?

20 hours ago, hbarnetworks said:

be aware that 4x18tb hdd's can never reach 10gbps specially if raid is involved. 4x18tb even with the fastest raid with redudancy, which is raid 10 speed is 2-3gb/s max. (with the best conditions) 5000 concurrent users with 3mb/s equals 10-15gbit. 

Sending 5000 users to the streaming server will saturate IO/bandwith and cause it to slow down to 1-2gb/s. This configuration will not work thats also why its only 500 bucks. This is too cheap for 10gbit connection. Decent server goes for 1k+

Hi,

Thanks for reply. My plan is to have another 2-3 more video streaming server with the same specs and same 10gbps if i really have 5000 concurrent users to load balance because that would mean the ad income has increated alot and expansion is needed, forgot to mention. Would the specs i mentioned would be okay to stream to at least 1500 concurrent users with 720p max ? it has 10 cores 20 threads, benchmark rating 21997.

19 hours ago, phseven said:

Hello

With KVs you can start small and then expand .

Servers look enough to start except for encoding .  You should go with GPU encoding if most videos are  high res special if 4k.

We have some GPU and CPU encoders special made for KVS for very good monthly rates. Message me if interested

Regards

JP

H,

Thanks for reply. Which below server would you pick for encoding purpose only ? planning to get 3 converting server. All these below around same price, hope for some good advice. Also do converting server need raid level ? or just install and go ?

AMD Ryzen 3800X 64GB + 2x480GB SSD
3.9GHz / 4.5 GHz Turbo
8 Cores / 16 Threads

Dual Xeon 5520 240GB SSD + 4TB 
2.26GHz - 2 processors
8 Cores / 16 threads

I7-3700 2TB 
4 Cores/8 Threads
3.1GHz/3.9GHz Turbo

I7-2600 120GB SSD + 1TB SATA

2.8 GHz / 3.8 Turbo

1 processor 4 cores / 8 threads

i7-4790 

3.6GHz / 4GHz Turbo

4 Cores / 8 Threads

16GB DDR3

500GB HDD

5 hours ago, niceguy1987 said:

Thanks for reply, when you mean support S3 connection what does it mean ? i just google up cloudflare R2+S3, it shows me amazon S3.

Cloudflare states that it is S3 compatible, so can be used.

Also, lets say our video streaming server one of he server is broke and need to reinstall the server,  we just need to click sync from this cloudflare storage ? and everything will be up again ? or we have to create a support ticket to request for installation and configuration again for video streaming for a fee ?

No, if you need to reinstall the server you have to re-install it from scratch. Sync storage will only sync video files, nothing else.

AMD Ryzen 3800X 64GB + 2x480GB SSD
3.9GHz / 4.5 GHz Turbo
8 Cores / 16 Threads

This one is much better according to cpubenchmark.net in comparison to all other options. Also disk and memory is not important, 64Gb of memory will be fine. No raid is needed.

Hi,

Got another question, so if i have a notepad with 1000 URL's to delete from the Database and from the website (doesnt show these 1000 URL's on the website anymore including all the thumbnails and so on), is there any method to upload this notepad with 1000 URL's to delete from the website instead of 1 by 1 ?

Thanks

Also 1 more question,

IF we set free download for all public users, how can we set expiration link for the download URL ? for example i am the user download a google.com/video/123, it generate a google.com/video.1234912049412.mp4, how can we set this URL to expire within 1 hour ? 

or should i say how can we prevent other people from downloading the same URL as the user generated download link ? 

Thought of another question again, i understand there is ftp upload plugin where we upload into the folder and load up the videos from admin panel and select as public videos to publish, but how can we setup the videos that were uploaded by the users to be approved by the admin before it goes live?  After user upload a video, it got converted, and how we change the settings to required approval ? 

If we setup required approval to publish, how can we setup for administrator that upload from ftp that doesnt require approval ? 

Meaning to say -> 1) users upload videos require approval, 2) admin upload videos from FTP is automatic approval

12 hours ago, niceguy1987 said:

Got another question, so if i have a notepad with 1000 URL's to delete from the Database and from the website (doesnt show these 1000 URL's on the website anymore including all the thumbnails and so on), is there any method to upload this notepad with 1000 URL's to delete from the website instead of 1 by 1 ?

Yes, there is Videos -> Mass select feature. You can paste the list of video IDs or URLs there and it can do whatever you need with them.

IF we set free download for all public users, how can we set expiration link for the download URL ? for example i am the user download a google.com/video/123, it generate a google.com/video.1234912049412.mp4, how can we set this URL to expire within 1 hour ? 

KVS doesn't support generating expirable download links. Why? See no reason for this. If a user is allowed to download a file, they can download for until they are allowed to.

or should i say how can we prevent other people from downloading the same URL as the user generated download link ?

Other people cannot use the same link, as the link is locked to the user's IP.

Thought of another question again, i understand there is ftp upload plugin where we upload into the folder and load up the videos from admin panel and select as public videos to publish, but how can we setup the videos that were uploaded by the users to be approved by the admin before it goes live?  After user upload a video, it got converted, and how we change the settings to required approval ? 

This should probably be set by default. All new videos uploaded by users are deactivated initially.

On 10/11/2024 at 9:35 AM, niceguy1987 said:

Hi,

Thanks for reply. My plan is to have another 2-3 more video streaming server with the same specs and same 10gbps if i really have 5000 concurrent users to load balance because that would mean the ad income has increated alot and expansion is needed, forgot to mention. Would the specs i mentioned would be okay to stream to at least 1500 concurrent users with 720p max ? it has 10 cores 20 threads, benchmark rating 21997.

nginx can easily stream 5000 users on 3-4 cores. disk speed is usually the biggest factor. if the disk configuration cant run 10gbps there is no point in the setup. 

500 bucks sounds good. But be aware for 1000-1500 you can rent a server that can actually handle 10gbit with SSD drives. So its up to you to do the math here.