How i can use contabo Object Storage

Hello,

Since S3 is a standard, I've never used Contabo's Object Storage. However, I wouldn't recommend it for CDN use. There are too many limitations for it to be advisable for that purpose. It's more suitable for backup use.

Why do I say this? Please see the documentation here: Contabo Object Storage Limits.

Bandwidth is limited and regularly adjusted. The default limit is 10 MByte/s (=80 Mbit/s). Please be aware that the actual bandwidth depends on various circumstances, e.g. personal internet connection speed.
Number of S3 API requests are by default limited to 250 requests / second.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mich said:

Hello,

Since S3 is a standard, I've never used Contabo's Object Storage. However, I wouldn't recommend it for CDN use. There are too many limitations for it to be advisable for that purpose. It's more suitable for backup use.

Why do I say this? Please see the documentation here: Contabo Object Storage Limits.

Bandwidth is limited and regularly adjusted. The default limit is 10 MByte/s (=80 Mbit/s). Please be aware that the actual bandwidth depends on various circumstances, e.g. personal internet connection speed.
Number of S3 API requests are by default limited to 250 requests / second.

Thank you for your response. What do you recommend or prefer for Object Storage or CDN service that offers the best service for the price?

Currently, I'm using Cloudflare R2 quite extensively. There was a mention on the forum that streaming shouldn't be done on R2 as it's better suited for Cloudflare Stream. However, other users on the Cloudflare forum seem to suggest that streaming is not an issue and that you'll simply be charged the standard egress fees.

In my opinion, for long-term use, the best approach might be to set up your own S3-compatible storage using something like MinIO. This does require some technical know-how and would probably be more justified for significant needs that warrant the investment in time and resources.

• Like 1