Repurpose menu buttons?

VidHooley

On my site I am not using the Albums or Models option, and I would like to repurpose the buttons to link to my subdomains. Currently I have a forum, and eventually would like to add a digital storefront. This is assuming I activate the models or albums option so the buttons appear. So I guess this is a 2 part question.

1) How do I change the label on the button to read "Forum" or "Store"

2) Where do I access the code to redirect the button to forward to the new address, and what coding should be used? 

It is better to remove the unneeded buttons and add the ones that you want. Changing texts is possible in Website UI -> Texts, but I think it is not a good idea to change albums text to something completely unsimilar.

You can remove menu items in template (see below) by removing their from menu HTML code, or deactivate specific sections in Website UI -> Theme settings, which will also remove these sections from the rest of the site. E.g. if you don't want to use albums / models, just deactivate this section in theme settings.

In order to add menu item, edit Website UI -> Page components -> include_header_general.tpl template. Find this UL node:

<ul class="primary">
</ul>

And add the following list item (LI) to it at the desired position:

<li>
<a href="https://menu_item_url.com">Menu item</a>
</li>