Multiple frontends like this allowed?

hbarnetworks

I was wondering if below was allowed in terms of licensing. And if this is even a good idea. The idea is pretty simple. I want to centralize KVS on a file-share (nvme server). And then mount this share to multiple front-ends. This way I can just scale it easily by just creating a template of the server and deploying it easier.

tmp.png.bef8d4972f34ca0227c7616681ae7007.png

Right now I have the below solution where I share TMP - content with the 2nd server. The problem with this solution is that now both servers generate cache files and making design work really annoying because of needed to clear cache :D .

old.png.626a089dbca6822081839d3e75351944.png

Very curious if 1st option is an option I can work with.

KVS licensing doesn't allow using single KVS installation on multiple servers. If you want to have load balancing like this you need to purchase satellite license for each installation.

Each satellite can be installed on a separate server (with NFS connection to the main server, but this is only required if satellite needs to support users upload their content / avatars). Each satellite will have its unique admin panel on a subdomain, and this is the way KVS team can provide support for each satellite, because for support we will need to access KVS admin panel. The only thing which will be different here from a typically satellite site, is that site will be configured to run on the same domain a main domain.com, while admin panel (and KVS license) will be provided to some subdomain (e.g. s1.domain.com, s2.domain.com).

Hello Team, you have so many users, who need something related to load balance solution, Database load etc..

I think you should work on an Enterprise KVS version, the current ultimate/standard kvs version is good enough for normal users for years....

On 4/24/2023 at 8:31 PM, xvids said:

I think you should work on an Enterprise KVS version, the current ultimate/standard kvs version is good enough for normal users for years....

Yes, this is exactly what is planned, but first we need to move all site functionality to nextgen code, which will allow later doing all the needed things for better caching, and load balancing and whatever.