Is it possible to bypass screenshot compression?

Nina

Hello TechSupport,

I am using embed on my kvs niche sites from XV, but the quality of thumbnails/ screenshot is not so good as compare to original screenshots.

May be this is because they already serves compressed and optimize images, and by applying IMAGICK setting I am over optimizing it, which is resulting in lower screenshot quality.

my current settings is

-enhance -strip -unsharp 1.0x1.0+0.5 -unsharp 1.0x1.0+0.5 -unsharp 1.0x1.0+0.5 -resize %SIZE% %INPUT_FILE% -filter Lanczos -filter Blackman -quality 100 %OUTPUT_FILE%

if i try to make these settings blank it shows the following error:

• [ImageMagick options for screenshots created automatically]: field is required and must have a value

so i wanted to confirm if it is possible to bypass the screenshot compression while embeding videos from other tube sites?

Waiting for your valuable response!

Edited by Nina

First of all, you are looking into the wrong options. These are not screenshots created automatically, these are screenshots uploaded manually.

And with the Imagemagick options for screenshots created manually the following are used by default:

-strip -resize %SIZE% %INPUT_FILE% -quality 80 %OUTPUT_FILE%

I think the only possible way you can reduce compression here is to increase quality from 80 to 90 or 100.

However this won't make it much better, as you have noted already that they provide already compressed screenshots, and it is not possible to make them less compressed.

First of all, you are looking into the wrong options. These are not screenshots created automatically, these are screenshots uploaded manually.

That is my point Can we skip uploading screenshot manually? if there is some way please let me know, As screenshot coming from tube sites(XV) are getting distorted as they are already compressed. 

Not possible to skip if you opt to embed videos - this content type doesn't have any video files involved, so not possible to create screenshot from video file.

One of the possible solutions would be to add an option to import (and grabbers) to download a temporary video files to create screenshot from, however this would be quite big feature and can't be easily added now.

5 hours ago, Tech Support said:

One of the possible solutions would be to add an option to import (and grabbers) to download a temporary video files to create screenshot from, however this would be quite big feature and can't be easily added now.

it would be pain to download videos, storage issues and time consuming as well just for the sake of screenshot. May be it is my fault i am unable to deliver my thoughts.

what i want to ask is if it is possible to bypass compression of provided screenshot from the tube site (XV in my case, directly coming from XV) because when i was on wordpress thumb quality was abosultely stunning but on KVS it is kind of loosy.