How to show specific HTML / advertising code for specific categories

Tech Support

You can use KVS advertising feature in Website UI -> Advertising section to limit some parts of HTML code to be displayed for specific categories or to be excluded for specific categories. Go to advertising and create spot (Add Spot option). After creating a new spot, you will see its insert code that you should use in template where you need to display some advertising or HTML code of your choice:

advertising_add_spot.thumb.png.36eba4b2404ee651763e048db8ada65a.png

After inserting advertising spot into template, you can add advertising to it and select whether this advertising should be displayed only for specific categories or should be excluded for specific categories:

advertising_categories_control.png.9a6461f25e417d46c11ebe09e0ffabda.png

These restrictions will include:

• Tech Support changed the title to How to show specific HTML / advertising code for specific categories
  • 2 years later...
On 10/12/2022 at 11:31 AM, Alex said:

Can you guys add similar settings (I mean Categories/Exclude categories) also for models and content sources?

Not sure if it is actually useful. Content sources are themselves source of advertising, it is a common practice to specify advertising code right in the content source custom fields. So if you need to specify specific advertising spots for specific content sources, you are doing something wrong against how it was initially designed.

Models also look strange here. I can imagine you have like 30-40 categories and you want to specify some specific ad for specific category, but I can't imagine that you have 30-40 models, you will likes have 1000s of models. And ability to customize something specific for 1 out of 1000s seems strange.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 9:41 AM, Tech Support said:

Not sure if it is actually useful. Content sources are themselves source of advertising, it is a common practice to specify advertising code right in the content source custom fields. So if you need to specify specific advertising spots for specific content sources, you are doing something wrong against how it was initially designed.

I agree with you on this point.

On 10/15/2022 at 9:41 AM, Tech Support said:

Models also look strange here. I can imagine you have like 30-40 categories and you want to specify some specific ad for specific category, but I can't imagine that you have 30-40 models, you will likes have 1000s of models. And ability to customize something specific for 1 out of 1000s seems strange.

Such a situation is possible. I upload affiliate content from different studios and I want the model's page to have a banner for the specific site for which she poses.
But I have better suggestions for these purposes. Give us the opportunity to bind the model to the content sources and this will immediately will solve this issue. And you also promised content sources for posts for a long time)

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

Give us the opportunity to bind the model to the content sources and this will immediately will solve this issue.

I think this will become possible with the nextgen backend code. However we still need to update many places to have this being fit automatically. Same for posts. We do not want to add more duplicate code in many parts, we want this to be part of framework that does everything automatically.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

As you suggested i am going to use "age verification pop" as advertisement and i use the filter of seobots to hide it to google and others. Problem is now i must generate different pop versions in another languages to have the text translated. I will use country filter. But browser language would helps a lot