It takes a long time to play the video on the mobile phone

xinzai0715

I have been using KVS for two months, and everything feels good, but the mobile terminal needs to wait a long time when it starts to play the video, sometimes as long as ten seconds, I can’t help but want to quit the website, which leads to my website visit The time is very short, which increases the bounce rate of the website. Is there a solution?

On 8/20/2021 at 9:44 PM, Tech Support said:

This is a problem with MP4 format and long videos, the solution is to use HLS format, but KVS doesn't yet support this.

How are you doing in making HLS? I saw in the forum that you mentioned HLS in 2018, but it hasn't come out yet.

The Japanese website I made, as we all know, Japanese movies are almost 1 hour to 2 hours, and it takes a long time to start playing, so if I can’t get HLS support, I have to consider other cms.

HLS requires many changes in KVS, we can't spend the whole time on it, because many customers do not care about this (most KVS customers have small videos 5-10 minutes and HLS makes no difference for them). So we are working in iterations and doing some things that will further be required by HLS. When we do all the minor things together, we will make the final push to make HLS possible. Unfortunately we can't tell when exactly.

If HLS is critical for you, you may need to consider using another CMS, but later you won't be able to migrate to KVS most probably.

On 2021/8/23 at PM2点25分, Tech Support said:

HLS requires many changes in KVS, we can't spend the whole time on it, because many customers do not care about this (most KVS customers have small videos 5-10 minutes and HLS makes no difference for them). So we are working in iterations and doing some things that will further be required by HLS. When we do all the minor things together, we will make the final push to make HLS possible. Unfortunately we can't tell when exactly.

If HLS is critical for you, you may need to consider using another CMS, but later you won't be able to migrate to KVS most probably.

I am very satisfied with the functions of KVS, and I am willing to wait for you to develop HLS

Edited by xinzai0715