Long time for Conversion.

I have a VPS with 4 CPU cores and 4 GB of RAM. I frequently convert large files, ranging from 3GB to 10GB, to 480p and 780p resolutions. However, each conversion takes approximately three hours per video. Do you think upgrading my CPU cores would help speed up the conversion process? For example, would adding 2 or 4 more cores significantly reduce the conversion time?

Sorry, we can't tell exactly as we are not very experiences in hardware questions. I guess you should check with your hosting company about which hardware is better for video conversion. In general I think VPS is not a good choice here for fast conversion.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RoastedCorn said:

I have a VPS with 4 CPU cores and 4 GB of RAM. I frequently convert large files, ranging from 3GB to 10GB, to 480p and 780p resolutions. However, each conversion takes approximately three hours per video. Do you think upgrading my CPU cores would help speed up the conversion process? For example, would adding 2 or 4 more cores significantly reduce the conversion time?

Yes, you have to increase the CPU cores because four is very little, 8 is better

Edited by Brazikenbot

Hetzner and other dedicated servers work good such as OVH. I use seperate cloud host for storage and CDN for all video files and thumbnails so main server dosent get full. Mojohost are amazing providers for that and or servers but you pay more for it to be self managed. They are very friendly, technical and knowledgable. They have 24/7 support that is just really amazing i cant say that enough. Hope that helps and yea depending how many you want to do i am paying about 55$ a month from hetzner and i can do a lot probably 1000 10-15 min videos a day if i wanted. Probably more and the server dosent even hiccup running KVS premium.