Adding subtitles to videos

Duck

Hello, there are 2 options

1. There is a subtitle file in the folder with the video when imported

2. There are subtitles inside the video file

How to make subtitles visible (If any!) during conversion? 

KVS doesn't fully support subtitles at the moment. One of the customization option that we provide is to ability to specify either subtitles file URL in a custom field, or subtitles file contents in a custom field. And then it is possible to customize template to show subtitles from this file.

On 1/30/2024 at 4:40 AM, Tech Support said:

KVS doesn't fully support subtitles at the moment. One of the customization option that we provide is to ability to specify either subtitles file URL in a custom field, or subtitles file contents in a custom field. And then it is possible to customize template to show subtitles from this file.

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps you can suggest to me a ffmpeg command to get the video converted with subtitles by KVS?

I don't think this would be possible. FFmpeg should have the ability to bundle subtitles into video as a track, but there is not way from KVS to feed the subtitles file into ffmpeg, unless you want to include the same subtitles into every video and can specify global hardcoded filename into ffmpeg options

21 hours ago, Tech Support said:

I don't think this would be possible. FFmpeg should have the ability to bundle subtitles into video as a track, but there is not way from KVS to feed the subtitles file into ffmpeg, unless you want to include the same subtitles into every video and can specify global hardcoded filename into ffmpeg options

What if we are talking about a .mkv file with bundled subtitles? 

On 2/8/2024 at 7:15 PM, Tech Support said:

Sorry, I don't understand you point. The original MKV file may contain subtitles track, and you want to add some command to ffmpeg to extract it to where? And then what?

that's right. As I already said, I want a new mp4 video with subtitles overlaid.