Can we create a toplist of referring domains using built in KVS features?

drastic

Is it possible to show a toplist of referring partners using KVS built in tools?

For example, if I wanted to show a list of top ten referring domains, using an image for each one, is that something we can do?

If so, what would the code be to insert this into a template?

Thanks!

Yes, this is possible, there is top_referers block that is designed to render this.

However you should consider the following: KVS doesn't automatically collect all referring domains, because this would be huge blow to stats. In order KVS to collect stats for any specific referring domain, you need to go to Stats -> Referrers and create a referrer for every traffic you want to monitor. Then each referrer supports up to 3 custom files, where you can upload your image. The top_referers block then can be used to render the list of referrers based on your sorting and filtering options.

• Like 1

Can the top referrers block be shown in an ad spot, or should we put the code directly in the template, above the ad spot?

What does the code look like to insert the top referrers? Let's say we want to show 6 top referrers using an image for each one...

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

For displaying different lists of referrers you need to use top_referers block:

{{insert name="getBlock" block_id="top_referers" block_name="Top Referers"}}

For displaying 15 referrers you need to set items_per_page parameter of that block to 15, then sorting is defined by sort_by parameter, you can make it random.

For how to render either textual list, or custom files please refer to block template example, it contains basic rendering for all the data.

I tried inserting the code, but it tells me:

{{insert name="getBlock" ...}} directive cannot be used in block template (it can be used only in page template)

I forgot to create the block, trying to figure it out and will report back.

Edited by drastic