Weird "<< >>" character in comment and how to move comment section to under video as default and limit max length characters?

Tanjiro

1/ Why there is weird character "«»" in comment section ? I can't understand, it makes really bad looks, can I remove it ? How to remove it ? Does it have any bad affect when remove it ?

image.png.e587f608d4417e044dfb3c60568038dc.png

2/ As default video it doesn't show comment section

image.thumb.png.cd6bae7936ba44ccbb0b0001edc69b11.png

How can I move it to like this ?

image.thumb.png.02d4df5b63d8a266bc4af1ede062b7df.png

3/ And I want to set max character length in comment section, how can I do that ?

4/ To avoiding spam, can I limit how many comments allowed in a specific of time for a user ? If not, is there any other method that can do similar ?

Sorry I'm still so new so I may ask a lot

Edited by Tanjiro

14 hours ago, Tanjiro said:

1/ Why there is weird character "«»" in comment section ? I can't understand, it makes really bad looks, can I remove it ? How to remove it ? Does it have any bad affect when remove it ?

This works as it is designed. You can go to Website UI -> Search in theme and search for &laquo; and &raquo; - these are the codes for << and >> quotes, you can remove them from templates to get read of it. I believe there are 2 templates where these are used.

2/ As default video it doesn't show comment section

Sorry, not sure I get this question.

3/ And I want to set max character length in comment section, how can I do that ?

I believe this is configured via CSS styling rules. It is not possible to limit the number of maximum characters, but it is possible to configure word-break via CSS:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/word-break

4/ To avoiding spam, can I limit how many comments allowed in a specific of time for a user ? If not, is there any other method that can do similar ?

Yes, Settings -> Anti-spam settings.

• Like 1