Site search engine. I beg for help.

Candys

Hello.

How can I make for the following:

Let's say I have a tag named 720p and a category named Action. I want that when the user enters "Action 720p" into the search, suitable videos are shown to him (which have the 720p tag and the Action category) - while I want this page to be indexed by Google. How to do it?

Or does it already work in KVS? I'm afraid that creating "Action 720p" tags will create duplicate content since I already have a 720p tag.

Sorry didn't have time to edit. I'll update the post with your permission.

Example 2.
Let's say I have a "720p" tag,  "full" tag, and an "Action" category. How to make it so that when entering the query "Action 720p full" into the search on the site, the user will be shown pages that have the tags "720p", "full" and the "Action" category - Regardless of the name of the  content pages in list. Of course, I want a page with a list suitable for this query to be indexed by Google.

Do you mean you want each word in search request to be considered as tag? I would say, it is possible to have this, but it can't be possible to combine this search into the same block as regular text search. You can have either regular text search (which searches in video title / description, and in tags / categories, but it doesn't split search term into words), or you can have search in tags by splitting search term into words and looking for tags.

Or alternatively you can try using Sphinx search: https://www.kernel-scripts.com/en/articles/kvs-and-sphinx-integration/

Sphinx search script is searching in all fields and you can set up weights for them:

$sphinx->SetFieldWeights(array ('title' => 20, 'description' => 10,  'categories' => 15, 'tags' => 15, 'models' => 15, 'content_source_title' => 15, 'dvd_title' => 15));

But you need to check with Sphinx docs, KVS does not provide any support for it and while we think it might work from default settings, it actually might not.

On 2/21/2023 at 1:46 PM, Tech Support said:

Do you mean you want each word in search request to be considered as tag? I would say, it is possible to have this, but it can't be possible to combine this search into the same block as regular text search. You can have either regular text search (which searches in video title / description, and in tags / categories, but it doesn't split search term into words), or you can have search in tags by splitting search term into words and looking for tags.

Or alternatively you can try using Sphinx search: https://www.kernel-scripts.com/en/articles/kvs-and-sphinx-integration/

Sphinx search script is searching in all fields and you can set up weights for them:

$sphinx->SetFieldWeights(array ('title' => 20, 'description' => 10,  'categories' => 15, 'tags' => 15, 'models' => 15, 'content_source_title' => 15, 'dvd_title' => 15));

But you need to check with Sphinx docs, KVS does not provide any support for it and while we think it might work from default settings, it actually might not.

Can you tell me how the default search works in general? does it work strictly by title?

The fact is that when I drive the name of an actor into the search, it shows only those films in which this actor is indicated in the title and a bunch of irrelevant films (it does not show films in which the actor is indicated (not in the title)

19 hours ago, Candys said:

I played around with the settings and found that I needed to change the "Search Method" - to exact match. Now I get relevant search results. Thank you

Please note that this method will not work well for multi-words queries. It is not suited well for natural languages.