Signup restrictions

Tanjiro

On 9/5/2022 at 4:35 PM, Tech Support said:

This is not supported by KVS for now.

Excuse me, how do I enable verify address when a user sign up ? I tried to search in admin setting but I can't see that option

And is there a configure user registration section ?  I tested sign up an account like a hundred characters and it still accept 😐

I also want to change some options like username can't contain email, a few changes in allowed characters (like only 0-9, A-Z, a-z, '_', and '.' and space), max username character allowed, max password character allowed, must verify email when register, turn on or off or change the way security code (like can replace google captcha or something else)

image.thumb.png.fea452b9f1a5a2a9b545a0cc01b336b0.png

Edited by Tanjiro

Sorry for another post, but I also want to change upload video file size limit to members but not limit to admin (or bigger file size upload for admin), is this available?

And I think there's a bug if user upload on Firefox, I can't see Categories, using latest version 6.0.1

I tried Ctrl F5 and logout and logged in again but still same, meanwhile Chrome it is okay no problem

image.png.ca3c16cc42b41a66f0fb5aba0de836ce.png

On 12/24/2022 at 9:45 PM, Tanjiro said:

And is there a configure user registration section ?  I tested sign up an account like a hundred characters and it still accept 😐

I guess you should better start using another signup popup, which requires email for username and allows to specify display name instead of username. In .htaccess file that is in your www root please find this line:

RewriteRule ^signup/$                               index.php?mode=async&function=get_block&block_id=signup_signup_form_simple&global=true [L,QSA]

And change signup_signup_form_simple to signup_signup_form_simple2.

It will then allow any characters in display name, and will be limited to 20 by default. If you want to change the value 20 to something else, please go to KVS admin panel -> Website UI -> Texts and search for this text:

memberzone.truncate_username_to

Then to configure the email verification and captcha you can go to Website UI -> Global blocks -> Signup Form Simple2 and check its settings.

On 12/24/2022 at 11:13 PM, Tanjiro said:

I also want to change upload video file size limit to members but not limit to admin (or bigger file size upload for admin), is this available?

You can set the maximum limit of uploaded files in Settings -> Content settings, right on top. This won't affect admins.

On 12/24/2022 at 11:13 PM, Tanjiro said:

And I think there's a bug if user upload on Firefox, I can't see Categories, using latest version 6.0.1

We don't see any issue in Firefox, please create support ticket.

• Like 1