KVS 6 admin panel

Duck

I updated KVS to the latest version and realized it was a mistake. It is impossible to use the new admin panel. Terrible usability, terrible design.
I spent 4 hours in attempts to make custom css and realized that this is a job for days...
Are there anyone here who had to roll back to a previous version because of this? Anyone waiting for a skin with the old admin panel in new KVS from developers? :)

Edited by Duck

Please share your feedback in more details, if nobody asks this we will never consider doing this ourselves. If we ruined some common usability patterns we should better know this and consider fixing it.

Design is of cause a matter of personal taste, but you can easily remove icons in personal settings. Now the only change would be menu color from orange to dark, but that I would guess can be changed by custom CSS in personal settings.

I agree with @Duck 

Design - the old one looks much better and much more functional. the old one was more responsive than this one.
Then the worst is the functionality.
The old one was simpler, lighter colors and very easy to use and much faster

An example:
On the old version, ftp import everything takes a few seconds to import a 50GB video.
Now only scanning to the ftp folder sometimes takes 5 minutes, then another 1-3 minutes to import the selected video.

on the new version the conversion is much worse than on the old version.
Before, it made a 20gb video in 2-3.5gb and the same clarity, now the video size is approximately the same and the video quality is a bit poor.

A function has been removed and I don't understand why.
For every video in the admin panel, there was a video preview function, which now no longer exists.
For me at least it was very useful.

In the admin panel, I think the most important thing is to maintain the functionality and less related to the design.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 8:28 PM, AlexHardy32 said:

On the old version, ftp import everything takes a few seconds to import a 50GB video.
Now only scanning to the ftp folder sometimes takes 5 minutes, then another 1-3 minutes to import the selected video.

This is not related to design change, and also nothing was changed in this area.

on the new version the conversion is much worse than on the old version.
Before, it made a 20gb video in 2-3.5gb and the same clarity, now the video size is approximately the same and the video quality is a bit poor.

Nothing was changed in conversion engine in 6.0 comparing to 5.5.1 :)

A function has been removed and I don't understand why.
For every video in the admin panel, there was a video preview function, which now no longer exists.
For me at least it was very useful.

There is still video preview function:

Screenshot(2).thumb.png.b855ccedc5fb7344136bb30a4a88c183.png

11 hours ago, Tech Support said:

This is not related to design change, and also nothing was changed in this area.

I don`t know why then, coz before work very good.

Nothing was changed in conversion engine in 6.0 comparing to 5.5.1 :)

again i don`t know why

There is still video preview function:

i don`t have this option, or i don`t see.

• Like 1