Video Conversion: 1 - 5 tasks possible but what is the fastest way?

Dr. Waterlove

I must convert a lot of videos... I have uploaded them via FTP in 4k, 720p and 1080p as mp4. Conversion runs fine and all needed videos sizes get created by the local conversion server.

I want to know wether it makes sense to use more than 1 task in this specific case if 1 file on the server is the source to create the other video sizes? KVS offers up to 5 tasks but especially for downloading. Does the server uses more than 1 core for this work or does the handling of 5 sources and parallel video creating slows down the whole process?

What are your experiences or expectations?

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to ask, but possibly you are asking if it makes sense to run multiple conversions at a time? Yes, this could make sense to increase usage of your server CPU to the maximum. But in order to do that you will need to add some more local conversion servers into the neighbor directories (/admin/data/conversion2, /admin/data/conversion3). I would suggest to use max 2-3 local conversion servers.

You can find more details here: