Can we use different VAST Pre-Roll ads for different categories?

How can we use different VAST Pre-Roll ads for different categories? For example, SFW vs NSFW etc...

Wasn't sure if we could somehow use vast tags in the advertising section instead of setting the vast url in the embedded player settings.

Thanks!

My goal is to use a different vast ad for bloggers who embed our videos. then I can check stats with the ad provider and give the blogger a portion of the revenue they generated by embedding our videos.

I suppose these bloggers could be in the "webmaster" group, get themselves a banner ad to their site - but I wanted to take it a step further to encourage people to embed our videos.

Embed player in KVS has different player settings (Settings -> Embed player settings), so you can specify a different VAST ad there. Further on it is possible to have different embed player settings for embed codes from different domains, so you can even configure different advertising for different domains that embed your videos. You can negotiate with webmaster of a specific site and put their private advertising VAST if you want to let them earn from this.

10 hours ago, Tech Support said:

so you can even configure different advertising for different domains that embed your videos. 

Can you send a screenshot of where this is in the settings? Wasn't able to figure it out.

Thanks!

Sure, on the top of Embed player settings you can switch between different profiles and create a new profile. In profile settings you can specify fully different advertising for everything, and you also need list domains where this profile will be applied to. So all your embed codes that are embedded on the listed domains will use settings from this profile instead of default embed player settings:

embed_player_profile.thumb.png.2661673ec6946ac62d1329ddf83179c0.png

• Like 1

I may have done something wrong. 

I set up the advertiser profile.

Then set up the vast ad in the embedded player settings, linking it to the profile.

I made sure to add the domain.

When I check an embed on their site, it shows this:

image.png.c4b15107d67c624680705e36d047c857.png