Help with settings for 'Earning tokens from uploaded videos traffic'

I'd like to:

- allow users to earn tokens for Earning tokens from uploaded videos traffic.

What settings should be turned on for that, besides the one for "Earning tokens from uploaded videos traffic" itself?

Is there a stats page for members to check their earnings/tokens? if so, what's usually the url for that?

If I want to pay $3 for every 1k unique views, what settings should I adjust?

What IS uploaded videos traffic? Is it how many views their video gets, either on site or embedded on other blogs?

If it's views on both onsite/embedded videos - is there a way to NOT count traffic from countries that don't pay, like china, etc..?

Thanks for all the help, it's good to know this before turning it all on for our members :)

12 hours ago, drastic said:

What settings should be turned on for that, besides the one for "Earning tokens from uploaded videos traffic" itself?

No other settings are needed, it should start counting views after it is enabled.

Is there a stats page for members to check their earnings/tokens? if so, what's usually the url for that?

No, by default themes do not render this. Should have this designed. There is an article on that:

If I want to pay $3 for every 1k unique views, what settings should I adjust?

You need to configure this in Memberzone settings, if 1 token = $1 then you need to say that each 1000 unique visits should grant 3 tokens. Then you can follow the earnings in Stats -> Awards.

What IS uploaded videos traffic? Is it how many views their video gets, either on site or embedded on other blogs?

Yes, this is the number of unique IPs visiting their videos (unique IP once in 24 hours) on your site. Embed views are not considered here, as there is another separate setting for embed views. This can be subject to tricking the system, we know cases with KVS sites that are using this functionality as their primary system and they have problems with bots that utilize proxies to earn tokens. As KVS is not a script for counting traffic, it doesn't have any complex traffic analysis to cope with this.

If it's views on both onsite/embedded videos - is there a way to NOT count traffic from countries that don't pay, like china, etc..?

No, all unique IPs will count.

If I want to give credit for people's views on embedded traffic, like how Rumble/Youtube might do, how could I do that?  I'm trying to find a way for trusted webmasters to earn revenue by getting views by embedding our videos, just not sure how to set it up. Any tips are welcome.

I guess this could be done by utilizing Google analytics or similar traffic tracking solution. These solutions should provide some way to track traffic with passing specific parameters, so that you can see breakdown for these parameters. For example you may want to pass webmaster ID / username to GA so that all traffic coming from videos of that webmaster is counted under their ID / username. And then you can use the stats recorded by GA to make payments based on that.

From KVS point of integration you need to put some code into your embed player template that is only added when video is uploaded by a webmaster user. Here is the code:

{{if $data.user.status_id==6}}
{{* this is a video uploaded by a user with Webmaster status, so count its views under their name *}}
include GA script here
make sure GA script counts view with {{$data.user.username}} tracking parameter
{{/if}}

So this code will insert GA tracking logic for only videos from webmaster users. BTW, you can use the same code on your site to track visitors for on-site videos. The code is the same. If you want to split traffic from embed / non-embed, you may need to pass more tracking parameters to GA to force it count stats from the same {{$data.user.username}} in a different ways for embed / non-embed.

Not necessary to use GA for this, you can use any 3rd-party JS tracking software that you trust and that allows tracking stats under different parameters.

• Like 1