New feature requests in KVS

Hi,

KVS player Don't change automatically video qualities

don't select based on internet connection speed

Thanks

This is possible with HLS, which will be part of 4.0 implementation. However the current player behavior is also good. If user changes quality manually, player will remember that and next time this quality will be automatically selected for this user on all other videos.

• 2 weeks later...
New feature request an Plugin

which will validate Video and Albums

If video content not found, should delete

Find and delete manual or automatically

Thanks

This is already possible with audit plugin. Audit plugin has content validation option, which can also validate missing hotlinks and embed codes (this part of validation will only work if missing embed codes return 404 error, there is no other way to check). Please note that this validation may take long time depending on your database volume. Content that have errors will be marked with invalid state and you can filter it out in admin panel:

have_errors_filter.png.63264b4fe05bddb8b7ebd708ebeafa07.png

Then you can check each manually if needed, each video / album has validate option in content menu:

videos_validate_option.png.f796874e8ba4aaabf5ec2cc28ed23322.png

But please also note that validation indicates also videos with missing screenshots or screenshot source files. It doesn't 100% mean that video files are missing, there can be other files missing. So if you have too many videos marked with error state, you should better check them manually to see what's exactly wrong. Videos with missing screenshots can be easily fixed by removing missing screenshots or adding new manually.

So we would better postpone this to 4.0 together with similar flag for VR videos.

Thank you! Please add this function as possible. I have another question:

Is it possible to open access to a video or a album for only certain users - for example as option for private video or photo type? So that the thumbs of the material can be seen by all users, but when clicking on it, a message appears that this video/album was shot personally for user N, and the user N automatically got access to this material. I want to implement similar function https://stasyq.com/personal (open page with european or USA IP) and a task is that all users see such personal videos and albums in order to arouse interest, but only those for whom they were shooted have access.

Is it possible to open access to a video or a album for only certain users - for example as option for private video or photo type?

Well. Sounds like possible for me. You can create a category named "Personal videos" and upload such video into that category and the important thing to make sure that user of this video is set to the user who paid for it. E.g. this user will become owner if this video.

Then in video_view block template you can do a simple smarty logic to check whether this video has "Personal videos" category assigned, then simply show it only for the user who owns it.

Instead of category you can use channel or admin flag, any data which can separate such kind of videos from all other videos.

Well. Sounds like possible for me.

Thanks for the answer! I understood how to open access to the certain user. But I did not understand until the end whether all such personal videos can be displayed in a certain site page? I need them all displayed on a specific page, but starting playing only for the user with access.

Yes, since these videos need to be marked with specific category (e.g. Personal videos) or channel or flag, they can be listed on separate page if needed. And based on the proposed template changes only user who is set to own such videos will be able to see them, for other users you can show a trailer or screenshot or whatever else info that this video is only for a single user.

Another possible and probably better way is to create them as premium videos, like this section:

http://www.kvs-demo.com/premium/

Same thing, but you don't need to create a new category / channel / flag for them.

Why Album Formats do not work for Models Screenshots? For example I use both Models screenshots: the vertical one for model avatar, the horizontal one - as the big sized 1920x1080 cover on model's page. But I need this same horizontal screenshot as the result on the search page. It can no longer be so large - I need it's smaller copy. And site template may require several sizes of these 2 screenshots - so Album Formats should work for Models Screenshots also.

1.thumb.jpg.9725de62e55ed1e2e335c534d4d0a609.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.00cac4b279a27b0f60c8b4d40a36f592.jpg

Model screenshots do not support multiple formats.

In 4.0 we are planning enhancements for custom fields, which will allow more control on them, for example it will be possible to indicate that some file fileds are for images and specify the list of thumb formats for each of them. But until then it is not possible to have thumbs for model screenshots, you can show just vertical thumbs for models as for now.

In 4.0 we are planning enhancements for custom fields.

I know about these plans, had a long conversation with your support regarding this question. Where I was also promised not later than the version 3.9.3 to add the ability to set 2 covers for videos and albums (2 covers for each). Do not forget, please!

One more question. Is it possible to make Web Payments more flexible, so that we could add special sales, packages for the holidays and so on. Like on screenshot.

3.thumb.jpg.c3a10cb1c2bee9dce5b9a41b201403f2.jpg

I know about these plans, had a long conversation with your support regarding this question. Where I was also promised not later than the version 3.9.3 to add the ability to set 2 covers for videos and albums (2 covers for each). Do not forget, please!

We didn't promise that. We said that these features will be considered for 3.9.3, but this doesn't mean that they will be 100% added. We will see that when we come closer to 3.9.3, we still have to complete many features planned for 3.9.2.

One more question. Is it possible to make Web Payments more flexible, so that we could add special sales, packages for the holidays and so on. Like on screenshot.

Not possible, for many billings you should set prices on billing side, not KVS. KVS cannot manage price settings for > 50% of billings.

If you want to adjust prices for other billings, this is possible, but you need to adjust it manually each time you want to reduce them.

Trailer creation feature would be great (see attached file). If admin and user could create their own trailers with KVS player while playing video - it would be awesome! Create trailer parts with few buttons (which do marks like start-and-end time of each part). Just imagine how it would be great to see it working with "Paysite theme 2". Model girls could great their own hot teasing trailers with few clicks! :)

cdf634175e55b37ef729a13b37742a94.jpg.06ba7cd6037694af10e4f783b69d9bc6.jpg

Paid Model Subscription (customer pays with tokens, recurring billing) with ability to set default price and for each model separately. With ability to set global subscription period. Ability to set percent of comission that model gets from all of her subscriptions. Automatical payment with tokens to continue subscription (if balance allow it). If balance is low, then send email notification to user. It would be great to see it working with "Paysite theme 2"!

Why there is no possibility to assign video formats for private videos? You have some kind of confusion. There are standart and premium video formats, but herewith private, public, premium video types... And only standart videos could be of private types? Why not premium videos?

As for me. I set standart videos with trailers, premium - without trailers. And also for private videos I do not want trailers, but I hav not this possibility, because there are no video formats for private videos, and premium videos could not be private... Vicious circle...

Paid Model Subscription (customer pays with tokens, recurring billing) with ability to set default price and for each model separately. With ability to set global subscription period. Ability to set percent of comission that model gets from all of her subscriptions. Automatical payment with tokens to continue subscription (if balance allow it). If balance is low, then send email notification to user. It would be great to see it working with "Paysite theme 2"!

We are working with it right now. No emails for now, emails enhancements are postponed to 3.9.3.

Trailer creation feature would be great (see attached file). If admin and user could create their own trailers with KVS player while playing video - it would be awesome! Create trailer parts with few buttons (which do marks like start-and-end time of each part). Just imagine how it would be great to see it working with "Paysite theme 2". Model girls could great their own hot teasing trailers with few clicks! :)

We have this in our wishlist, but for some time later on. We still have to do things which are more critical to everyone using KVS.

Why there is no possibility to assign video formats for private videos? You have some kind of confusion. There are standart and premium video formats, but herewith private, public, premium video types... And only standart videos could be of private types? Why not premium videos?

As for me. I set standart videos with trailers, premium - without trailers. And also for private videos I do not want trailers, but I hav not this possibility, because there are no video formats for private videos, and premium videos could not be private... Vicious circle...

This feature comes historically from earlier KVS times. It was decided that premium videos need to have separate set of video formats. This is the most common scenario used at that times, e.g. this one:

Standard videos (public and private types, public is available to everybody, private is available to friends or members only):

- 360p

- 480p

Premium videos (videos for PAID access only):

- Trailer

- 360p

- 480p

- 720p

- 1080p

The idea is that there can be 2 sets of videos on a tube site. One set contains free videos (e.g. public / private with standard set of formats) and another set contains premium videos with HQ formats available. Premium videos are for PAID access only. Such videos SHOULD have a trailer as a teaser for free users to join premium membership.

From this concept we have in mind, private videos are just free videos limited either to friends or to free members (e.g. to promote your visitors create a free account to watch more videos). Such videos do not need trailer.

One of the most important issues of this concept is that once uploaded a video as a premium you can't change its type to public or private. In 3.9.1 we eased this by adding one more option for individual videos where you can change access level for this particular video. So even if it was uploaded as a premium one, you can change its access level to public and allow all users access it. But its type and set of formats will still remain as premium.

Now this concept requires changing. Instead of connecting video type (public, private or premium) to a set of video formats (standard or premium set) we should separate these concepts from one another. It should be possible to create as much sets of formats as needed as a replacement for the current 2 predefined sets of formats. And let admin decide either manually or configure which set of formats should be used for particular videos being added. One possible scenario would be to create 3 sets of formats, one for public, one for private and one for premium videos if needed. Or create only 2 sets of formats: one for public and another for private, and premium videos can use any of these sets. Or have the same formats for all these video types. Or have one set of formats for 4k videos and another set of formats for VR videos and 3rd set of formats for the rest of videos.

But this is a plan for 4.0, since a lot of code changes and testing is needed.

Greetings, I would like the load balancing to be by ping and not having to add the countries by comma.

That if a user is going to see a video that first reads its ping and is of which server to show it.

Or to reduce the load, that on your first visit you run a script that knows what your ping is and know which server to display the videos and that every 30 minutes check your ping.

Thanks for the work.

You can display the number of tokens for the current user anywhere in templates:

You have {{$smarty.session.tokens_available}} tokens

For payout request, we will check if we can add it in the future update.

Where can I get all available commands such as: $smarty.session.tokens_available

Thank you.

You can find them in docs:

http://www.kernel-scripts.com/en/documentation/kvs_website_ui/#section_website_ui_other_session

Also if you log in with any user and open debug mode for any page, e.g. (must be logged in admin panel as well to see debug mode):

http://kvs-demo.com?debug=true

You an see all session variables and their actual values for the currently logged user:

session_variables.png.b845d2e288ef86cd0426b14acb4545f1.png

You can find them in docs:

http://www.kernel-scripts.com/en/documentation/kvs_website_ui/#section_website_ui_other_session

Also if you log in with any user and open debug mode for any page, e.g. (must be logged in admin panel as well to see debug mode):

http://kvs-demo.com?debug=true

You an see all session variables and their actual values for the currently logged user:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"session_variables.png","data-attachmentid":488}[/ATTACH]

Thank you the debug mode helped me.

How can I show an array, so that all the data in a table is displayed.

Thank you.