Assigning videos to multiple storage groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assigning videos to multiple storage groups

Is there a way to add 1 video to multiple storage Groups.

When 1 video for instance has insane load?

Please check our Storage system explanation:
    https://forum.kernel-video-sharing.c...vs-tube-script

You can add multiple storage servers to the same group and this will be used for load balancing content streaming between them.

Comment

Hi,

Yes I get that but is it possible with like a database entry to have 1 video over multiple storage groups?

Comment

I ask this sinds for my use case there is 1 video that uses all the bandwith from group 2 as an example.

Comment

It is not possible, because videos and albums are designed to belong to only 1 group.

Comment

I was wondering something similar to solve the same issue, but with a different solution.

Is it possible to designate 1 or more dedicated servers as "premium" servers to use in surge traffic? For example, if 1 video goes viral, and has thousands of people watching, this video is then assigned to a different server (in same group) that is dedicated to high viewing/viral videos, and then gets switch back to the general servers once there are less viewers?

Comment

Originally posted by dj01039 View Post
              I was wondering something similar to solve the same issue, but with a different solution.

Is it possible to designate 1 or more dedicated servers as "premium" servers to use in surge traffic? For example, if 1 video goes viral, and has thousands of people watching, this video is then assigned to a different server (in same group) that is dedicated to high viewing/viral videos, and then gets switch back to the general servers once there are less viewers?
              We will think about it, it could be a good idea. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by dj01039 View Post

Yes thank you!

Comment

Working...
                X