Tags to categories

Garry

Hello. I`m newbie in KVS and It`s my first expirience with KVS. Need your help. I want to grab (upload) videos from xhamster and xvideos.

Xvideos doesn`t have categories but has tags, xhamster has categories and doesn`t have a lot of tags. So how I can transform xvideos tags to categoies by whitelist?

In plugins->grabber->grabber profile I`ve seen "import categories from this grabber as tags" . I want to import tags as categories but not all only specific. Do you have any ideas?

Hello, please try using Plugins -> Category auto-selection plugin. In order for this plugin to work you should first create your categories manually. For each category under synonyms you can specify its alternative names that will be used when auto-picking categories. This plugin will then look at titles, descriptions and tags of all new videos and auto-assign categories that have match.

So in your case when you import videos from Xvideos, these videos will have tags and Category auto-selection plugin will use their tags to auto-assign categories.

PS: there is a known bug with this plugin that tags are not using case-insensitive match, so there may be issues if some tags and categories match but have different cases. Please try first and if this won't work as expected, please email support and we will provide a hotfix. This bug will be fixed in 5.0.2.

Thanks. One more question. How work synonyms in tags if I have tag "ass" and I`m adding video with tags "ass-to-mouth", "ass-fuck", ...? Will this video be flagged with "ass" tag or I should add all these synonyms to tag?

Thanks. One more question. How work synonyms in tags if I have tag "ass" and I`m adding video with tags "ass-to-mouth", "ass-fuck", ...? Will this video be flagged with "ass" tag or I should add all these synonyms to tag?

In previous question you asked about auto-adding categories, not tags. So this question looks to be irrelevant. If your video already has tags, no more tags will be added to it. If your question means "whether an ASS category will be added", then the answer is:

- If ASS category has a synonym "ass-to-mouth" or "ass-fuck", then it will be added for such video. Otherwise not. Category synonyms should exactly match tags that you want to be considered.

and how I can generate categories from tags after videos are uploaded? As i see this plugin works only for new videos. I`ve created categories and synonyms after uploading:(

You can do that via mass edit.

Please go to Videos -> and in Batch actions choose Mass edit all videos. In mass edit GUI you will see a checkbox to run Categories auto-selection plugin for the selected (ALL) videos.